Sunday, June 28, 2020

4 Ways to Slow Down



In a world filled with much noise and distractions, it can be stressful. At times we spend so much time and energy trying to keep up with daily issues that we hardly have time to sit down to relax. If you find yourself filling anxious or overwhelmed, here are 4 tips to slow down.

1.Take a walk

I enjoy starting the day taking a walk in the park. During this period, I will allocate time in the morning to exercise and be with nature. It is a relaxing feeling, just seeing people do tachi and teenagers playing football. Immersing oneself with the greenery is certainly very therapeutic.

2.Put away your phone

The phone has been my constant source of companion to stay in touch with my friends and staying in touch with news. However when I am in a rush to meet my datelines, I will put my phone away for the day to get things done. The least you could do is to put on silence mode so that there are fewer rings and beeps sounds vying for your attention.

3.Be with people you love

A great way to practice slowing down is to spend time with the people whom you love and being present when you are with them. This helps to remind me what matters most in life. They are my pillars of support. It is easier to step away from some of the busyness when we are focused on spending time with those we love.

4.Listen when talking to someone


When you are having a conversation with someone, try to give your conversation your undivided attention. Instead of responding, try to practice listening to understand. By finding moments of connection and truly listening to the person you are talking to, will enable you to slow down and be more present in your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment